• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Clean Detox Program seen on Dr. Oz

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
This is definitely a water cooler thread! And Ruth I'm hoping you'll share your wisdom here.

Now that I'm going to Disney and ack may need to get into a bathing suit with the kids at the pool I need to shed some pounds. But I also want to get rid of toxins as I know that's important. So as I'm thinking of this I find a recorded show of Dr. Oz talking about this Clean Detox Program

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sneak-peek-10-detox-foods

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/clean-detox-manual or http://www.doctoroz.com/media/print/16627

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/clean-program-30-day-meal-plan or
http://www.doctoroz.com/media/print/16623

Foods to Eliminate
  • Dairy
  • Eggs
  • Gluten
  • Caffeine
  • Alcohol
  • Soda
  • Beef, Pork
  • Fried Foods
  • Sugar
  • Oil / Butter (just coconut oil)
  • Peanuts

Detox foods to add:
  • Leafy greens
  • Cold water fish
  • Free Range Chicken (no hormones or pesticides)
  • Berries
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Lemon Water
  • Herbal Tea
  • Light Coconut Milk
  • Coconut Oil
  • Protein Powder
So what does everyone think? I think I'm going to try it. I love all of the detox foods so that isn't the problem for me. It will be giving up my coffee with 1/2 n 1/2. I gave up Soda long ago. I eat greek yogurt every day and organic cheese slices but those will have to go.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I have never had much luck with detox methods. I try to just follow a clean eating diet everyday. (I "try"! I don't always succeed!) Pinterest has oodles of great info on eating clean. Also, google "Tosca Reno". She's my favorite. Her eat-clean methodology is very easy to live with!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Apple cider vinegar and cold water fish :p! Yuck! I don't think (in fact, I know) that I would not like the taste of apple cider vinegar and I do not like picking bones out of fish of any kind. If I eat fish, they would have to be already filleted and cooked with no bones in them.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
This is definitely a water cooler thread! And Ruth I'm hoping you'll share your wisdom here.

Now that I'm going to Disney and ack may need to get into a bathing suit with the kids at the pool I need to shed some pounds. But I also want to get rid of toxins as I know that's important. So as I'm thinking of this I find a recorded show of Dr. Oz talking about this Clean Detox Program

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sneak-peek-10-detox-foods

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/clean-detox-manual or http://www.doctoroz.com/media/print/16627

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/clean-program-30-day-meal-plan or
http://www.doctoroz.com/media/print/16623

Foods to Eliminate
  • Dairy
  • Eggs
  • Gluten
  • Caffeine
  • Alcohol
  • Soda
  • Beef, Pork
  • Fried Foods
  • Sugar
  • Oil / Butter (just coconut oil)
  • Peanuts

Detox foods to add:
  • Leafy greens
  • Cold water fish
  • Free Range Chicken (no hormones or pesticides)
  • Berries
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Lemon Water
  • Herbal Tea
  • Light Coconut Milk
  • Coconut Oil
  • Protein Powder
So what does everyone think? I think I'm going to try it. I love all of the detox foods so that isn't the problem for me. It will be giving up my coffee with 1/2 n 1/2. I gave up Soda long ago. I eat greek yogurt every day and organic cheese slices but those will have to go.
I'm pulling for you Laureen - I know you can do this!!! Please keep us all posted on your progress. Good Luck :)

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Laureen: I think your lists are good for both foods to avoid and foods to consume.

Here's my favorite list of foods that are detoxifying:
·artichokes
·Cruciferous vegetables: broccoli, kale, collards, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, Chinese broccoli
·watercress
· dandelion greens
· cilantro
·garlic
·onion
·cucumber and salt brine pickles (made without vinegar) - Cleanses intestines.
·radish - eat regularly -- Several radishes twice daily - helps prevent viral infections; helps clear mucus, and may help to bust up fat cells.
·apple - contains pectin which removes cholesterol, lead, and mercury
·lemon - destroy putrefactive bacteria in the intestines and the mouth, promotes weight loss
·pomegranate - Dr. Mark Stengler, NMD, has written that this clears plaque from arteries, use 2 oz. per day.
·tomato
·aduki beans - detoxifies the body, tonifies the kidney-adrenal function
·mung beans - Beneficial to liver and gallbladder, cleanses heart and vascular system, removes lead. Sprouted mung beans are commonly available in grocery stores.
·agar-agar - Carries radioactive waste out of the body.
·kelp - Anti-fungal, removes Candida yeast, eliminates mercury
·wheatgrass and barley grass - Juice yourself or buy frozen in health food stores, removes toxins and drug deposits. Humans can't digest the actual grass, so it must be juiced.
·chlorella -Sold as a supplement, these single-celled algae are pressed into tablets. It greatly reduces toxins, pesticides, and mercury.

Source: Pitchford, Paul. Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition, Third Ed. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 2002.

Other things to work in to your routine that will help:

Increase your fiber intake. This will help you feel full and suppress your appetite. Try 1 to 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed at breakfast. Drink 8 to 10 oz. of water after eating flaxseed.

Drink plenty of water. Add lemon if you don't like the taste of water.

Exercise, Sweat, and Shower.

Be sure to exercise -- it is good for your spirits and helps in detoxification. Break a sweat. Toxins can be removed through sweating, more than most people realize. It is estimated that the skin has the capacity to eliminate up to a pound of waste a day, but you really need to sweat a lot to do that! Take steam baths or saunas to increase perspiration.

Help your lymphatic system work properly.
Pamper yourself by getting a lymphatic massage, or use a dry natural bristle brush (or loofah) to stimulate movement of the lymph fluid out of your body. Dry brush massaging can be done daily.
And /or do yoga. Many poses stimulate the lymphatic system: butterfly pose with arms overhead, gentle back twist, right angle pose, downward facing dog, forward bending pose, mountain pose, Warrior 1 and II, for example. It's best to take at some classes to learn the correct technique.

Sleep well.
Try to be in bed by 10 p.m. to help your liver function properly. Between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. is when the liver is activated for cleansing. This is the period of time when an antioxidant, glutathione peroxidase, in the liver becomes active for detoxification of the liver and blood. Sleeping during this time helps this process proceed appropriately. Working and running around at this time hinders the process.

Speaking of which, I think it is time to call it a day! Hope this helps give you a few more things to try.

But most important: be happy that you are doing good things for your body, and enjoy the process!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Apple cider vinegar and cold water fish :p! Yuck! I don't think (in fact, I know) that I would not like the taste of apple cider vinegar and I do not like picking bones out of fish of any kind. If I eat fish, they would have to be already filleted and cooked with no bones in them.

Well I would not recommend just directly taking a swig of apple cider vinegar. I'm not asthmatic, normally, but that will get me wheezing! People use apple cider vinegar for weight loss, blood sugar balance, and easing inflammation such as arthritis. Start with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Build up to 2 tablespoons in a glass of water and drink at the start of a meal. It can cause digestive upset in some people. If you have active ulcers, I would not recommend it. (Source: Dr. Mark Stengler's Natural Healing Library, Mark Stengler, NMD, 2012.) Dr. Stengler is on PBS TV, but I have never seen his show. Just read his book!

I love fish. When we used to eat it when I was young, there were lots of fish bones. I noticed that this hardly ever happens now. I don't know why, but I'm glad!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Fruits and vegetables help curve your appetite. In fact, fruits are good to use as snacks. In WeightWatchers, they are 0 points and water is also 0 points. I like to eat fish as long as they don't have bones in them.

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Laureen: I think your lists are good for both foods to avoid and foods to consume.

·lemon - destroy putrefactive bacteria in the intestines and the mouth, promotes weight loss
Ruth do you know if they must be fresh lemons or will a squirt of bottled lemon juice be as effective?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Fresh lemons are the way to go because bottled lemon juice has some chemicals and preservatives in it. When you are trying to detox adding chemicals is counterproductive. I'm sure the source was of this information was using fresh lemons.

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
Good luck on the diet Laureen I don't think i could do it especially the coffee lol. You are the Queen of coding ,but Ruth maybe the Queen of everything else & I'm pretty sure she's not competitive at all lol. You gals are great as ever Thanks for all the information on all things & humor to back it up I luv it!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I don't think I could do this diet, either. I'll just stick with WeightWatchers.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
"but Ruth maybe the Queen of everything else"

How sweet, Lori! It gave my best laugh for the day and laughter is great medicine! Thanks!

Sparky

I tried all the fad diets in the past, with no luck. I just started to eat the good nutrition with watching my portions, eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, and drink lots lemon water. For exercise I put the radio on/cd in player and danced to good music or I just go for walks. I had lost about 50 pounds about 10 years ago and still to this day maintained on keeping it off. Yes, I may slip and go get a Dairy Queen Blizzard :) or something, but we are only human.

Laureen, you have the will power and it works, go for it and keep it up with maintaining the program.